Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lucky Bean Soup


Now I am blogging, instead of cooking beans or straightening the house.  This is my favorite bean soup recipe.  Maybe I’ll get up and start some beans next.  I received this recipe at my wedding shower from Rachel and have used it many times.  Now that I look at it, there is no list of ingredients.  I know Rachel included a list.  She gave me a pint jar of mixed dried beans with the recipe attached.  So without the list of ingredients, we'll have to make do.  You just measure out a pint jar or several handfuls of mixed beans, like I do.  It will work, I promise you.

Lucky Bean Soup

Wash beans and cover with water.  Add 1 Tbs. salt and soak at least 3 hours.  Put the beans in 2 quarts of water and let boil slowly in soup pot two to three hours.

Add precooked sausage sliced or ham pieces and 1 large onion and cook two to three hours more.

(Now this is what makes it special! – do not omit, you Jerry-riggers!)  Add 1-can tomatoes, 2 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 Tbs. Worchester sauce.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve over rice or cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment