Friday, June 22, 2012

Rainy Day


Today was such a relaxing day.  I have been working like a crazy woman over the past week, mainly house painting.  Serious house painting requires prep work, emptying rooms, moving furniture, sanding (furniture) removing ceiling fan blades and outlet covers, then replace everything.  Then see the small spots I missed.  I have finished painting a dresser, the hall bathroom and AT's room.  I had a self-imposed deadline.  I wore myself into a sore body.
So today, painting finished for the time being, my plan was to be unscheduled.  It rained this afternoon and I snuggled up on the couch behind AT, who was on the floor, watching childhood movies.  The room was darkened; the couch was so comfortable.  AT insisted that I was encroaching on her "alone" time.  I understand that she needs her alone time.  I enjoy mine.  Often, I try to give her the space that  a teenager craves.  But, sometime, I think I need to push in and ignore her protests.  I got oh-so-comfortable and watched The Incredibles and Sky High.   I think I snoozed.  I kept my comments to a minimum.  Did you know that Warren Peace in Sky High is VERY handsome and dangerous?  I did.  Did you know that, if I had a super power, it would be to be stretchable, like Mrs. Incredible?  I would use my arms to stop children from running in the halls at school.  
Meanwhile, AT's cell phone was going Bzzzz, Bzzzz with incoming texts.  So I decided to add my own.  I texted, "Smile at your mama if you love her."
I got my smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment